If you ever need an “emergency” dinner to throw together or a last-minute meal for a crowd, this pasta dish is it. With only three ingredients, all of which are easy to have on-hand (freeze the sausage and the pesto, both of which I get at Costco, surprise surprise), this filling, inexpensive, and sure-fire crowd pleaser will become a family staple, just like it has for us.
- 1- 2 pounds elbow macaroni or similar pasta
- 1-2 cups pre-made pesto
- 1-2 pounds Italian sausage, removed from casing
- Boil water for your pasta, add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, cook de-cased Italian sausage in a frying pan over medium heat until it's cooked through.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add pesto.
- Add cooked sausage.
- Stir gently.
It really is that easy. And it’s delicious.
For more quick and easy dinner ideas, see