I’d been craving a quinoa salad, maybe because of the dish full of leftover quinoa we had combined with my efforts to incorporate more salad-as-meals into our dinner repertoire.
Well, I went for it, and it was soooooooooo good!!! I don’t take credit. It was just one of those times where you throw something together and it actually turns out well! And I’ve been dying to share. You’ll love it.
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 4 small cucumbers, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small log plain goat cheese
- 10 oz baby arugula, washed
- juice from two large lemons
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- Place all ingredients in a blender and emulsify.
- Alternately, whisk briskly in a bowl.
- Adjust ingredients to taste.
- Place cooked quinoa and diced veggies in large bowl.
- Add beans.
- Pour half of dressing over quinoa and toss gently.
- Place arugula on plate or in bowls and top with quinoa mixture.
- Top with more dressing and crumbled goat cheese.