My baby turned one! We celebrated with lots of stars.
I used the garland left over from Danny’s birthday and cut out stars from the left over paper to make a hanging star centerpiece and a star backdrop behind the birthday boy.
To make the star garland on the cake, I just cut out some smaller stars, sewed them together and strung them between these convenient orange sticks we had around. Haha, do you recognize them? They are Tinker Toys sticks. 😉
Watching a one-year-old devour his birthday cake is the best.
Really, Mommy? Is this whole thing for me?
Wheee!!! I love cake.
Eat ALL THE CAKE.
I love you guys.
(Special thanks to @jhcre8tive for some of the fantastic captures!)
- cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup butter, softened but still cool
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cold if you want a stiffer frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 4 Tablespoons cream, depending on how loose you want your frosting
- Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped cream to the cream cheese frosting and fold gently into the frosting with a spatula.
- To frost a cake or cupcakes, use and offset spatula and gentle freehand upward movements. Don't overwork.