These vegetarian wraps are something I threw together during the very first week of our liver cleanse diet for lunch — and we’ve been eating them a few times a week since.
We are six weeks in to the diet, and boy do we feel good. One of my favorite take-aways from the experience is all the new recipes I’ve discovered, both from others and from the mother of invention, necessity. This recipe is one of those. In other words, I made it up. =)
The taste is fresh, the wrap is filling, and it’s made from staples you can easily keep on hand. And the hummus and whole wheat tortilla make the wrap substantial enough to keep you full, vegetarian and cheese-less though it is.
Here’s how to make your own:
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup of hummus
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- half of an English cucumber, diced
- 1 lime
- 1/4 red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- dash of cumin
- dash of coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread each tortilla with 1/4 cup of hummus, or to taste.
- Scatter tomatoes and cucumbers in the middle of each tortilla, dividing evenly between the two servings.
- Scatter onion and cilantro over vegetables.
- Squeeze lime over the filling of both tortillas.
- Sprinkle with cumin and coriander (just a touch each) and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fold bottom and top of tortilla toward center and then roll into a burrito.